Monday, February 16, 2009

Eco Revolution



This weekend Debra of Trend Agitator and I headed up to Malibu for a Valentine's Day soft opening of new boutique Revolution Malibu, tucked into a tiny cluster of shops across from Zuma Beach. The vision of infectiously energetic Cece Abel, this shop creates most of its merchandise from recycling, re-imagining, re-stitching and re-sewing materials into hats, t-shirts, silky tops, skirts, dresses, jackets and even a line of baby clothes that upon viewing, are instantly objects of desire. Everything she and partner Melissa Simpson do at Revolution Malibu is based on recycling, handmade, eco-friendly dyes and using local products. A huge inspiration are the techniques from the Alabama Stitch Book. For those of you out of the area, she will soon open an online shop but one can always call in orders to ship. I have to say that I've only been wearing my wool cap as seen above for two days and 4 people have asked where I got it and raved about how fabulous it is. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! What cute pics... it was an amazing day of discovery at Revolution Malibu. Thanks for the intro to this creative outpost :) D

Revolution Malibu said...

Yaaaaaaaaay! Thanks for the props!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

It's the pits being in Northern California...I wish I could have been there. Cece's shop looks great. I'm thrilled for her!