Friday, October 24, 2008

The Joy of Being Italian


I am a second generation Italian-American, raised in a lively & artistic household full of drama, great food & deep family connections. Many years later, when I first stepped onto Italian soil in Rome, I knew I was truly home. The smell of familiar cooking surrounded me, everyone looked like me or a relative, acted like me and had a similar style. If I was a wolf pup, I would have rolled around in that Italian dirt, home at last. The blood bond runs deep. The Little Bookroom publishers (of wonderful guidebooks like the City Secrets of Rome) have released a wonderful new book, Italianissimo, a quintessential guide to everything Italian. It profiles 50 Italian contributions to culture ranging from great ideas, to cuisine, fashion, cinema and much more. A beautiful edition & good read, even if you’re not Italian!

No comments: