Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sweets for a Cause


This coming Saturday, December 4th the Eat My Blog charity bake sale returns with a menu of sweets that literally makes me swoon! There will be over 2,000 baked goods from 50+ bloggers and bakers all in one location for all your sugar needs. View the menu and drool over such delights as Smoked Salt Toffee, Crack Pies, Curry Macarons, Bacon Caramel Popcorn and my Lavender Honey Shortbread. Founder and organizer Cathy Chaplin of the blog Gastronomy has been such an inspiration and the event has rapidly grown into quite the food event here in Southern California. The first two bake sales raised over $8,000 for the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank and this sale promises to be a huge success.

I feel honored to be a part of this event and I believe I am the only non-food blogger in the mix, although I do blog about food from time to time. I certainly tweet about it constantly with my food-loving friends on Twitter. So come on over to West Hollywood this Saturday and indulge yourself with this spread of sugar temptations!
Photo: Lavender Honey Shortbread by the very talented Ryan Tanaka


No comments: