Thursday, August 5, 2010

Honor Thy Father



I so do wish my father and mother were still alive to see our house he designed and lovingly built for us in the late 50s showcased in this month's (August issue) of In-Style magazine. I have spoken at length with Robin Tunney and it makes me so happy that she treasures this house and is carefully and slowly restoring it to it's original vision. Finally someone who is removing all the prior owners renovating mistakes like blond floors and marble in the kitchen. My father is turning over in his grave at the mere mention of such things:) We had slate floors and there was nothing blond about this house. I am ever so grateful to have grown up in this beautiful home and under the shadow of my talented Dad and loving Mother. (click on photos to see at a larger size)

2 comments:

Krysta said...

What a lovely tribute and an equally beautiful home.

dining tables said...

I will agree to Krysta. That is such a lovely tribute. I am so in love in that house. I wish I can still find that episodes of that magazine. I want to read everything about that gorgeous house.