Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Love Lost

The loss of a pet can really take the wind out one's sails and the loss of my sweet grey cat was no exception. I was lucky to have his constant company for 11.5 years and now have to adjust to an almost pet-empty house & studio for the time being. The good thing is that when I'm ready, there are so many cats & dogs that need rescuing, making the next pet choice will be a joyful occasion. Time to wipe the tears away and get back into the swing of things, notably—my poor neglected blog.

4 comments:

Krysta said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Losing a pet is very difficult.

erin said...

hope you are coping ok. as krysta said, it's very hard. very sorry for your loss.

design nomad said...

Krysta and Erin-Thank you both for your sweet and kind comments. It took me about 2 weeks to feel normal again and I am now going to a Pet Rescue event tomorrow because I can't stand the silence of not hearing paws on my hardwood floors. Time to rescue more critters to love!!!

madhouse said...

hi. i just found your blog and as i was scrolling through your history I had to stop and comment - i lost my parker in july and words can not describe my grief at her being gone just the same, words fail me for you on your loss. he was a beautiful boy - great face. you're right - when the time is right, the perfect lil' guy or girl will come into your life.